Pages

Search:

Style + beauty

Outfits

Mini

Travel

Living

13.12.15

I Am Not My Hair






.

Literally have had the worst week, and was not feeling my best, not only did I have an absces and have to make a dash to the dentist, my hair/ extensions did not arrive!!  me and my hair have a love hate relationship.The thing is I love my natural hair enough not to fry it with chemicals but I also do not like dealing with it especially in winter, hence why I tend to choose a weave as my protective style.

 This week really had me at my lowest point I had to cancel a hairdresser  appointment and Logan has also begin teething which means he screams until he has something to chew on, with my toothache this week I can't even blame him.

For the first time in quite a while I decided to wear it out to an event. I actually even made a dash to Stratford to buy a wig to actually avoid dealing with my natural hair. I do not know what it is I guess I do not feel as confident because my hair in its natural state is not at the length I would like it to be. Not only did I feel awkward and conscious, I actually didn't even enjoy taking pictures which is strange for me. 

I spend so much time telling my daughter to embrace her natural hair and not care that it is shorter than other girls hair, yet here I was not practicing what I preach.when she saw me she loved it and commented that it was very pretty I loved seeing the glee in her face. I think once in a while I will rock my natural not only for myself but to also boost her self  esteem.As India Arie put it "I am not my hair.


I clearly have taken a break from my daily style posts but shall continue for the next twelve days until Christmas. What are your body and beauty woes? 

No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ THE CLOTHES FILES | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN