Pages

Search:

Style + beauty

Outfits

Mini

Travel

Living

10.2.16

CAMEL TONES











Camel is here to stay and has even been added to the minimalists palette. It's not hard to understand why, it's such a lovely tone that can be added to the brightest or darkest tone as it adds an air of sophistication  you can't refute. 

If you don't own a camel coat then, seriously how are you even winning through winter, you have to add one now!!

This coat was released by missguided and is always restocked, as it sells out so quickly. The classic midi length, the colour hue and the pockets, it's easy to see why this has become a winter staple. 

I went matchy- matchy with this outfit by adding camel wide leg trousers and played it off with camel's sister, khaki. The bodysuit is perfect tone to bring out the colours and contrast. I loved the fit of the coat and how it contrasted against the wideness of the trousers.

Usually as I am petite, I stay away from wide leg trousers and prefer tapered,cigarette or peg trousers, but the heels married the pieces together, and gave me the height I needed to pull off such trousers. (Just be prepared to look as though you are floating.) I love the tassel details and was happy when I received these as a gift from my fiancĂ©e over Christmas, dare I say even impressed. I finished the look with this Chloe- esque bag from very which I loved so much I had to also purchase in navy. 

How do you feel about matching tones, and would you short ladies rock these trousers? 

What I'm Wearing 


(ph. Rebecca Botin) 

7 comments:

  1. I am never one for fashion but looking at your photos made me think. It's not the brand, it how you dress up that fits you, your body and your personality - how you carry yourself!

    Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the panache. And although my body type is not something that can support this. Will look forward to more challenges from you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing outfit! Simple yet effective, professional and fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so beautiful and those heels are amazing! Love camel toned colours

    La Belle Dame

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that camel tones really suit you! Nice work girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ THE CLOTHES FILES | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN