Pages

Search:

Style + beauty

Outfits

Mini

Travel

Living

13.2.16

BIKER JACKETS AND PERSPEX HEELS














I have seen these heels everywhere, and I couldn't wait for my delivery to arrive. I was a little skeptical at first because the Perspex, the patent, basically the understated yet over the top heels,  you know, were giving me Julia Roberts in pretty woman standing on the street vibes.The trick was to play down the cheekiness of the shoe, with some monochrome and a touch of khaki. 

One thing, although cute and striking, these shoes literally stick to your skin so it's very difficult wearing them with jeans as the zip will not do up easily over jeans, so next time I will try them with tights and a skirt. 

The weather has been very temperamental, as always in England so it was nice to be able to put on a light jacket. I opted for this lovely faux suede biker jacket from missguided. I love the feel of this t-shirt very slinky but sustainable and at £7 I think I will stock up on a few more, because babies and white don't mix. 

Again a very minimalistic outfit, edged out with a touch of khaki and quirky heels. My palette and aesthetic is going through a transition as I am nearing the end of my 20's. I read a buzzfeed article which was a dagger to my heart, that basically told me it's no longer cool to shop where I shop for my age, bye bye forever 21 and urban outfitters lol time to hang up the ditzy prints and have a clean look. I will share an upcoming post on clearing out and updating my wardrobe soon. Hope you enjoyed this piece. What are the lovers getting up to over Valentine's weekend? 

What I'm wearing
Heels : sold out at missguided but similar here 




1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I don't agree with buzzfeed if your a stylista you can shop anywhere as long as your true to your own look I always wanted to rock the clear heel trend love how you toned down the style and not made it look like a street walker also admire your tone of writing great post overall
    https://sheismelrose.wordpress.com/2016/02/12/how-to-acheive-an-urban-80s-bombshell-look-with-a-vintage-leather-jacket/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ THE CLOTHES FILES | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN