Pages

Search:

Style + beauty

Outfits

Mini

Travel

Living

25.11.15

STYLE S.O.S


                                       


                                   







 I blink and it's nearly Christmas!! I mean I'm not sure as to why I am shocked, but this occurs every year and then I panic, shut down and hibernate. The latest drastic change in weather has me in full hibernation mode and this may reflect in my lack of posts recently, nothing quite defines winter like earl grey, crappy afternoon television, and snuggles with my not so newborn.  

I realised that Logan is now 5 months and whilst on maternity and with a not so gentle reminder from my friends, I no longer dress up or put much effort beyond leggings and a t-shirt. My routine and only purpose for looking human is the morning school run, I drop my daughter off to school, by the time I am home, finished tidying (the bit that I can handle in between the screams cooing and feeding) it's almost time for my daughter to come back home and that leaves little time or thought for personal style or my appearance. 

I think as a new mother there are so many reasons (I repeat reasons and not excuses) to not care about yourself or put yourself first. I mean how can u want to look good when your child needs your attention? why bother wearing a nice dress if it's just going to end up with baby sick? It feels selfish and non-maternal, but as the saying goes happy mothers equals happy children. 

Therefore as a challenge to my self regardless of my daily agenda I have decided to actually make an effort and dress up everyday, Im not talking black tie event but at least casual chic, so the other mums can think I have it together. 

As today is the 25th of November I have decided I'll give myself from now until christmas and take daily outfit shots. This means 31 effortless mum friendly outfits  After all if a good set of lingerie makes you feel good, imagine what a whole outfit can do. 

Today Chiara had a day off school so we decided to go for some hot chocolate and a walk. I wore this long khaki shirt dress from asos, my warehouse grey coat bought last year but I'm sure you can find similar and the slip on snake print shoes from topshop. Shop a similar outfit below. 

How do you handle your daily style with having young children, or if you are not a mum do you find yourself stuck in a style rut? 

If you are on instagram follow me @theclothesfiles on instagram and #mumstylechallenge to show me your daily outfits.



    




No comments:

Leave a comment.

Copyright @ THE CLOTHES FILES | BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN